Friday, March 9, 2012

Wind

As is probably evident from the title, we've had a lot of wind lately. Tucson can't decide what weather it wants to be. Monday it was in the low 80s, Tuesday the same, Wednesday it was in the 60s. And the wind started. And it continued through today. As a result, Trainer decided she didn't want to expend a ton of effort today (because wind makes Tucson horses dumb, and we'd expended effort on the preceding windy days) so most horses just got turned out. I was OK with this, because lunging umpteen horses wasn't really high on my most-favorite-thing-to-do-on-a-Friday list.
This is Rincon being turned out in the round pen. The barn she's at requires supervision of turn out, so I'm hanging out, "supervising."

















This is my toe, post-Kermit. Not broken (most likely not broken, anyway). But I did lose half the nail. Have a disgusting picture of my gnarly toe, and associated gnarly flesh. 





No comments:

Post a Comment