Saturday, February 18, 2012

Random Goings-on

Nothing really noteworthy going on with Rain lately. She did buck me off last weekend, after spooking at  nothing-I-could-discern. Silly, obnoxious pony. As a result, I bought a new helmet (because I've had enough unplanned landings in the old helmet, that a new one was probably warranted).

In non-horsey news, I walked off my job the other day. I worked at a garbage company (no, I did not drive a garbage truck -- that would probably have been way more fun than my actual job of customer service) and had been wanting out since my last supervisor left. Occurrences last Wednesday were pretty much the last straw for me, and after almost two years there answering some of the dumbest questions about trash I have ever heard, I handed in my resignation.

It was not the most rational move I've ever made, considering the giant, furry, financial obligation that is my horse (on top of rent and other bills). I'm terrified, to be completely honest. I have bills; I have responsibilites; I have animals to feed. But. I have faith that this it's truly going to be OK. I'm a college graduate, I was a Dean's List student, and I'm a certified substitute teacher. Theoretically, I should be a pretty good job candidate. I'm confidant that, while it may be hard for awhile, it'll all be alright. CJ is being super-supportive, and I'm so grateful to have him in my life.

Upon learning that I was no longer employed - gainfully or otherwise - Trainer said I could lunge and saddle horses for her in exchange for lessons. I figured, as long as I still have my horse, I need lessons. And lessons cost money. And money is something in short supply in light of my joblessness. So lunging and saddling it is. Then she said she might consider paying me in exchange for work, which I figured was even better. A little money from part-time work is better than no money at all. Working for her would be a pretty cool opportunity, since I'm sure I'd learn something from her; beyond what I learn in the normal scope of my lessons.

I'm scared, but my outlook is positive.


No comments:

Post a Comment