Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I dragged the shoer out today. Rain been done 3 to 4 weeks ago, and shouldn't need shod for 7 to 8 weeks after the shoeing date, but I could swear her toes were getting long, particularly on her problematic left front.

My friend Bonnie, mentioned in yesterday's video, agreed that something looked off about her foot. "I don't know if her toes are long," she said "or she tapped the shoe back, or what."

So I called out the shoer. He walked around her, picked up her feet, asked if she was lame (she's not) and declared that she was fine. Apparently the left front, which has a funky flare on one side, was looking a little long due to the flare. He said she as good to go until next shoeing.

Oops. I hope he chalks it up to the neuroses of a first time horse owner. Better safe than sorry, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment